District Snow Removal
- Snow removal is a shared responsibility between the City, Brookfield, and FRMD on common or private areas that pay for snow services. Private areas: townhomes, private alleys and street (W Evans Place)
- Sidewalks adjacent to homes that do not pay for snow removal are the homeowners' responsibility.
- Alleyways will be cleared within 72 hours at the conclusion of the snow event if the 8” trigger is met.
- FRMD and Brookfield sidewalks has a 2” trigger for removal during November through February. The rest of the year incurs a 4” trigger depth for removal.
- Streets accepted by the City will be cleared at the 8-inch standard in accordance with the Lakewood Snow Plan Priority.
- Please note the snow removal service is dependent on singular events. If concurring snow storms equal greater than a trigger depth snow will not be removed.
For Information on the District's Standard Snow Removal Policy please Click Here
The District Snow Removal Plan (right). Please Note: This Map is a Guideline only and During Typical Snow Storms the Crews will plow the Private Streets and Alleys and then the sidewalks, starting at the "top" (alameda & Indiana) of the community and work their way down. Orange are sidewalk areas to be cleared, Light blue are streets/alleys and parking to be cleared per the guidelines.
Brookfield Street Plowing:
Brookfield is required by the City to maintain the streets that have not been accepted.
For more information on the City of Lakewood plowing policies please CLICK HERE.